|Deadline: May 29, 2020||Institution(s): World Trade Organisation|
|Level of Study: Internship||Location: Switzerland|
Internship program at the World Trade Organisation 2020
Applications for Internship program at the World Trade Organisation are open to international students. The duration of the internship will vary depending on location. The program will provide CHF 3,500 monthly salary
The WTO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a unique opportunity for qualified young professionals up to the age of 32 years, as at 1 January 2021, from eligible developing and least-developed country (LDC) WTO Members, to enhance their knowledge and skills on WTO and international trade issues. The Programme aims to widen the pool of professionals from these countries who can later be more competitive with respect to recruitment in the WTO and/or other regional and international organizations.
The WTO Secretariat maintains a limited internship programme for postgraduate university students wishing to gain practical experience and deeper knowledge of the multilateral trading system. Only a limited number of such internship posts is available. Assignments given to interns are intended to enhance interns’ knowledge and understanding of the WTO and of trade policy more generally.
Internship Focused Areas:
- Council and Trade Negotiations
- Dispute Settlement
- Economic Research and Statistics
- Government Procurement
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Market Access (tariffs and non-tariff barriers)
- Media and External Relations
- Sanitary and Phytosanitary measures
- Technical Barriers to Trade
- Trade and Development
- Trade and Environment
- Trade Facilitation
- Trade in Services and Investment
- Trade Policy Analysis
- Trade-Related Technical Assistance.
- Trade Remedies (anti-dumping and countervailing duties)
One year without possibility of extension
Internship program at the World Trade Organisation will cover the following benefits:
- CHF 3,500 monthly salary (approximate)
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for Internship program at the World Trade Organisation 2020:
- Required Languages: Fluent in English. A good working knowledge either French or Spanish would be an advantage
- Eligible Countries: Below countries: Angola,Belize,Brunei Darussalam,Cabo Verde,Central African Republic,Congo,Djibouti,Eswatini,Gabon,Grenada,Guinea-Bissau,Kuwait, The State of Kyrgyz Republic,Lao People’s Democratic Republic,Mauritania,Myanmar,Nicaragua,Niger,Qatar,Saint Kitts and Nevis,Saint Lucia,Samoa,Saudi Arabia, Kingdom of Seychelles,Solomon Islands,Suriname,Tonga,United Arab Emirates,Vanuatu,Yemen
- ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A COVER LETTER OF MOTIVATION, WHICH SHOULD INDICATE UP TO THREE AREAS OF WORK (SEE DETAILS UNDER GENERAL FUNCTIONS), IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE, THAT THE APPLICANT WOULD BE INTERESTED IN. Applications with no accompanying letter of motivation will not be considered. Please refer to instructions under Additional Information on how to add a cover letter on the WTO e-recruitment system.
- The minimum age for an intern shall be 21 years and the maximum age 30 years.
- Preference shall be given to nationals from WTO Members without any representation at the professional level in the Secretariat; and have not participated in previous cohorts of the YPP.
- Education:Advanced university degree in law economics, or other international trade-related subjects relevant to the work of the WTO.
- Knowledge and skills:General knowledge of the work of the WTO.
Good drafting skills in English. Ability to draft in French and/or Spanish would be an advantage.
Ability to work independently and in a team.
Demonstrated strong interest in international trade and the multilateral trading system.
Commitment and passion for trade or WTO-related work.
- Work Experience:Minimum two (2) years of professional experience relevant to the work of the WTO.
- Languages:Fluency in English. A good working knowledge either French or Spanish would be an advantage.
How to Apply for Internship program at the World Trade Organisation 2020?
Please follow the following application instructions to win Internship program at the World Trade Organisation:
- APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATIONS(at the end of official website page)THROUGH THE E-RECRUITMENT SYSTEM ALONG WITH THEIR COVER LETTER OF MOTIVATION.
- Instructions to add the cover letter is as follows: Once the application for the Young Professionals Programme has been submitted, their application will be displayed under the “My Applications” tab. Applicants should click on the button “Add” for the specific vacancy under the “Covering letter” column. Cover letters added in other sections of the applicant profile such as “Additional Information” or “Additional Documents”.
To know more about Internship program at the World Trade Organisation 2020, please visit official website: