Pursue your studies in Germany. Good news! International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about IMPRS PhD scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. Health insurance, pension contribution, and other social benefits are included in the contract. The net take-home pay for PhD students (after taxes and deductions) is a minimum of 1,600 Euro per month.
IMPRS PhD Program in Science is open to international students who intend to undertake doctoral studies at Germany’s International Max Planck Research School. The International Max Planck Research School for Cell, Developmental and Systems Biology trains talented young doctoral researchers based in three locations in Dresden, incorporating Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science and working with top scientists from over 50 countries to ask: How do cells form tissues and organisms? Our PhD learners are passionate about cross-disciplinary science and are pursuing fresh directions in studies.
At the International Max Planck Research School, we are seeking apps from skilled and innovative young researchers who are curious by nature and hungry for fresh alternatives under our study mission. Successful applicants have a burning ambition to shape the future of science and the capacity to flourish in a extremely competitive, interdisciplinary setting.
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD)
- Institution(s): International Max Planck Research School
- Study in: Germany
- Courses Offered:
- Computer science
- Applied Mathematics
- Life Sciences
- Program Period: 4 Years
- Deadline: Applications are accepted at any time
International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The IMPRS-CellDevoSys guarantees full financial support for the entire duration of your PhD work, i.e, up to 4 years. PhD projects in the IMPRS cannot extend beyond 4 years.
- Financial support is granted via an employment contract according to 65% TvöD E13 (German tariff for employees in civil service).
- Health insurance, pension contribution, and other social benefits are included in the contract. The net take-home pay for PhD students (after taxes and deductions) is a minimum of 1,600 Euro per month.
Eligibility Criteria for International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship
To be eligible for International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English.
We recommend including TOEFL or IELTS results with your application if available.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Admission is based solely on prior scientific qualifications and future potential. This ensures the recruitment of only the highest qualified candidates in a fair and transparent manner.
- You must hold a university degree or have a scheduled graduation date before starting your thesis work.
- Distinctive proficiency in textbook scientific knowledge is essential. Enthusiasm and collegiality are also vital.
- Applicants must hold, or anticipate receiving, a Master’s Degree in Life Sciences, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Mathematics, or Engineering before taking up PhD thesis work. Applicants holding an excellent BSc degree are also welcome to apply, given that independent research and a written thesis is part of the curriculum.
- As English is the working language of the program, applicants should demonstrate a high level of spoken and written English proficiency. We recommend including TOEFL or IELTS results with your application if available.
- Candidates previously affiliated with an IMPRS group for more than 3 months are considered “internal candidates”. In general, internal candidates are eligible for admission. They may join a research group for PhD thesis work if the previous affiliation with this group did not exceed 12 months.
- Internal candidates must demonstrate outstanding performance and the highest potential in order to be invited for interviews.
- Evaluation Process
- Completed eligible applications will proceed to evaluation. The first evaluation takes into account the applicants’ national education system, and is carried out by internal experts of the respective educational system.
- Additionally, we may conduct phone or Skype interviews during the evaluation process. Qualified applications are recommended to faculty members for further assessment. They jointly short-list the candidates to be invited for the interview week in Dresden.
How to Apply for International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship?
Please follow the following steps to avail this scholarship:
- Acquaint yourself with our research and featured open positions
- Make sure that you qualify and are passionate about doing research with us
- Ask 2 referees to support your application
- Complete the application form
- Submit once your referees have contributed their recommendation
To know more about International Max Planck Research School PhD Scholarship, please visit official website: