|Deadline: March 22, 2020||Institution(s): ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences|
|Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters||Study in: Spain|
ICFO Summer Fellows 2020:
ICFO Summer Fellowships are open for international students to pursue their research in photonic sciences. ICFO-The Institute of Photonic Sciences offers the opportunity to accomplish Final Degree Projects / Masters’ Theses or to participate in a research stay, fostering the students’ education and research training.
The program, which has been launched thanks to the “Severo Ochoa Centres of Excellence” accreditation awarded by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness of Spain, aiming to promote excellence of scientific research in Spain, offers a limited number of fellowships to outstanding students from top Universities worldwide.
The program aims at an early exposure to frontier science and research, as well as at the early support of outstanding students to experience first-hand the excitement and challenges posed by research projects within the variety of research topics active at ICFO.
- Biophysics & Biomedical Optics
- Optical Sensing, Optoelectronics & Photovoltaics
- Nonlinear Optics, Ultrafast Optics& Atto-Physics
- Nanophotonics, Optomechanics & Nanomechanics
- Experimental Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
- Theoretical Nanophotonics, Quantum Optics & Quantum Information
ICFO Summer Fellowships provide the recipients with below benefits:
- For students living in Catalunya, the fellowship include a stipend of 300 euros monthly gross.
- For students that do not live in Catalunya, the fellowship include a stipend of 600 euros monthly gross, for full-time dedication.
- Eligible travel expenses are also covered.
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for ICFO Summer Fellowships:
- Required Languages: English.
- Eligible Countries: All World countries
- Candidates must be enrolled/registered to an undergraduate or master’s program during the period of the internship at ICFO. Eligible areas include, but are not limited to, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- Selection of Fellows is based on merit and potential, measured in terms of academic records and personal achievements. Proactive attitudes, participation in community activities, and capacity for team-work are also taken into account.
- ICFO is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates are selected exclusively on merit and potential on the basis of submitted application material. No restrictions related to disabilities, citizenship or gender apply to ICFO positions. ICFO abides by the principles of openness, efficiency, transparency, supportiveness, and international comparability as stated in the European Charter for Researchers and the European Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
How to Apply for ICFO Summer Fellowships ?
Please follow the following application instructions to win ICFO Summer Fellowships:
The button ‘Apply To This Opening’ takes you to the online application form, gathering your personal data for identification purposes. Once submitted, you will receive a link by e-mail, which you must follow in order to continue the application process.
In this second step of the process you will be asked to provide further details and the necessary application material, as well as to indicate potential referees. All enclosed documentation must be in PDF format or plain text.
- Submit your candidature:
Once the application form is complete and the relevant material has been uploaded, submit your candidature by clicking on the ‘apply’ button. Candidates will receive an automatic reply acknowledging submission including a reference number for further enquiries or updates (within deadline).
To know more about ICFO Summer Fellowships, please visit official website: