|Deadline: August 27, 2020||Institution(s): Human Frontier Science Program|
|Level of Study: Postdoctoral||Study in: List of Host Countries is given below|
Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships
Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP) Postdoctoral Fellowships invite applications from international students who want to pursue postdoctoral research. Postdoctoral Fellowships will provide a living allowance as well as a research and travel allowance. Depending on their specific situation fellows may also qualify to receive a child allowance, a parental leave allowance, and a relocation allowance.
The HFSP fellowship program supports proposals for frontier, potentially transformative research in the life sciences. Applications for high-risk projects are particularly encouraged. The projects should be interdisciplinary in nature and should challenge existing paradigms by using novel approaches and techniques. Scientifically, they should address an important problem or a barrier to progress in the field.
HFSP postdoctoral fellowships encourage early-career scientists to broaden their research skills by moving into new areas of study while working in a new country.
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus (EU part), the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, the Republic of Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
- Computer sciences
- 3 years
Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships will provide a living allowance as well as a research and travel allowance. Depending on their specific situation fellows may also qualify to receive a child allowance, a parental leave allowance, and a relocation allowance.
To qualify for Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants must propose to work in a country different from the one where they did their previous Ph.D. work or first post-doctoral studies. For those institutions that are not classified as national, i.e. international or extraterritorial institutions such as EMBL, ICPT or ICGEB, the country in which the laboratory is located will be considered the host country.
- A research doctorate (Ph.D.) or a doctoral-level degree comparable to a Ph.D. with equivalent experience in basic research (e.g. a research-based MD or medical Ph.D.) must be conferred by the start of the fellowship but is not required at the time of submission.
- Applicants must have at least one lead author, full-length research paper – either accepted for publication, in the press or published – in an international peer-reviewed journal or published on a preprint server.
- Only papers written in English are taken into account. Review articles and patents are not taken into account.
- Electronic copies of lead author publications must be uploaded while preparing the application. They cannot be uploaded after the applicant has submitted.
How to Apply for Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships:
- Before submitting an application, please check with your proposed host institution whether it is willing to accept an HFSP award.
- Applications must be submitted via the HFSPO website, which will open in 1st July 2020 at https://extranet.hfsp.org.
- Applicants may update their publication list via the HFSPO website until August 27, 2020.
To know more about Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships, please visit official website: