Start your study adventure in Netherlands. Good news! Holland Scholarship is currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Netherland Government offers Holland scholarship for international students for academic year 2023-2024. This scholarship is available for undergraduate and masters studies and provides the recipient with € 5,000 which can be used to cover tuition fee.
Holland Scholarship is accepting applications from Non-EEA International Students to pursue undergraduate and mater studies at the Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences in Holland. The Holland Scholarship is offered by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and is awarded to bright students.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters
- Institution(s): Participating research universities and Participating universities of applied sciences
- Study in: Netherlands
- Courses Offered: Bachelor’s or Master’s Program in eligible fields of study offered by the participating institutions.
- Program Period: The grant is awarded for one year and can only be received once.
- Deadline: February 01, 2023 / May 01, 2023 / June 01,2023
Participating research universities
Below is an overview of the Dutch research universities participating in the Holland Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year. You can find the specific closing dates and the fields of study for this academic year on the website of the institution you want to apply to.
- Leiden University
- Utrecht University
- University of Groningen
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Maastricht University
- VU Amsterdam
- Radboud University
- Tilburg University
- Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- University of Twente
- Wageningen University
- Protestant Theological University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- Theological University
Participating universities of applied sciences
Below is an overview of the Dutch universities of applied sciences participating in the Holland Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Driestar educatief
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie (pdf, 400 kB)
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Inholland University of Applied Sciences
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
Holland Scholarship provides the recipient with:
- Scholarship amount €5,000.
- Please note that this is not a full-tuition scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for Holland Scholarship
To qualify for Holland Scholarship, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: Non-EEA International Students
- You are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s program at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- Your nationality is non-EEA.
- You meet the specific requirements of the institution of your choice. You can find these on the website of the institution. For more click here
- You do not have a degree from an education institution in the Netherlands.
How to apply for Holland Scholarship?
Please follow the following instructions to avail Holland Scholarship:
- Apply for the Holland Scholarship. Click here
- You can find an overview of participating Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences
applied sciences, as well as selected fields of study.
- Compose a letter of motivation (max. 500 words) to the university, in which you describe why you are a talented student, taking into account both your academic achievements and extra-curricular activities (e.g. voluntary work).
- Indicate in your online application that you are applying for the Holland Scholarship and upload your scholarship motivation letter where indicated. The university will contact you to let you know if you have been awarded a scholarship.
To know more about Holland Scholarship, please visit the official website: