|Deadline: June 26, 2020||Institution(s): Royal Holloway, University of London|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: UK|
Herringham Scholarships invites international applicants who want to pursue masters degree within the Department of History at Royal Holloway, University of London UK for academic year 2020-2021. This scholarship will cover tuition fee reduction of £7,900.
Royal Holloway, University of London was founded in 1879 as a public research university and a constituent college. It is ranked 23rd in the UK and stands between the top 300 universities in the world. Royal Holloway runs a variety of academic degree programmes.
- MA History.
- MA Holocaust Studies.
- MA Crusader Studies.
- MA History: Hellenic Studies.
- MA History: Public History.
- MA Late Antique and Byzantine Studies.
- MA Medieval Studies.
- One year
Herringham scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Tuition fee reduction of £7,900
- For full-time students, the tuition fee reduction is only available for one year of study. No additional payment is offered in any following years if the duration of the course is longer than one year. For part-time students, this will be split over two years.
- You have to cover travel fees, personal expenses and any other expenses
To qualify for Herringham scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English. You have to provide one of the following
- IELTS: 6.5 overall. Writing 7.0. No other subscore lower than 5.5.
- Pearson Test of English: 61 overall. Writing 69. No other subscore lower than 51.
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE): ISE III.
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) grade.
- TOEFL iBT: 88 overall, with Reading 18 Listening 17 Speaking 20 Writing 26
- Eligible Countries: All world countries. Country-specific requirements: For more information about country-specific entry requirements for your country, click here.
- You need to have achieved, or be expected to achieve, a First Class Honours degree or equivalent.
- You must hold a conditional or unconditional offer to study Masters degree within the Department of History at Royal Holloway.
- For specific course requirements, click here. Generally for history masters programs, Interviews may be needed and in some cases, a writing sample is required in the form of an essay. Applicants who are unable to attend an interview, such as overseas students, will be interviewed by telephone.
How to Apply for Herringham Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Herringham scholarships:
- Apply for the university
- To create an application for a postgraduate programme, click here. Follow the instructions on Royal Holloway Direct and be sure to provide any documents required to support your application (such as certificates, transcripts and reference letters).
- You will be sent an email which will include a link to your Applicant Portal where you can set your password. Once you have set your password you will be able to log into Royal Holloway Direct.
- Apply for the scholarship
- Once you have an offer to study at Royal Holloway, you can apply on Royal Holloway Direct.
- You must provide two academic references to support your scholarship application.
- You will also need to ensure you have provided transcripts of your most recent qualifications before the scholarship application deadline.
- You must provide a supporting statement of no longer than 500 words which should include:
- academic achievements you are particularly proud of
- why have you chosen to do the degree you have applied for
- how will you use the MA in your future research and career path and how will the scholarship help you achieve it.
- Your statement will be judged on how effectively and convincingly you respond to the above.
- Deadline to submit the application: Friday 26 June, 2020 at 11.59pm GMT
- Result. To let you know the outcome of your application, you will be contacted from 15 July, 2020 onwards.
To know more about Herringham scholarships, please visit official website: