|Deadline: June 15, 2020, 5:00pm EST.||Institution(s): Helen Hay Whitney Foundation|
|Level of Study: Postdoctoral||Study in: United States.|
The Helen Hay Whitney Foundation Research Fellowship:
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships is open to international students to pursue postdoctoral studies in USA universities. The Foundation provides sufficient financial support to support the careers of young people engaged in biological or medical research and this is done to achieve its ultimate goal of increasing the number of imaginative, well-trained and dedicated medical scientists. The Helen Hay Whitney fellowship competition is intense. Less than 5% of those applying for us are awarded. Please notice that the Foundation is unable to criticize ineffective proposals due to the quantity of requests received.
- Biomedical Sciences.
Are you interested studying in USA? visit below links
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships 2020 provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The Foundation provides funds for travel to the fellowship location at the time of activation of the fellowship for the Fellow and his or her family.
- The Foundation also covers travel expenses incurred for the two-day Annual Fellows Meetings held in November.
- There is a Dependent Child Allowance of $1,500 per annum for each child.
- No payment is made for the transportation of household goods.
The current stipend and expense allowance is:
Stipend Research Allowance 1st year$54,000$1,500 2nd year$57,000$1,500 3rd year $60,000$1,500
To qualify for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships 2020 candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
Note: In case you are a foreign national (including from conflict areas) you must have a local residency status and authorization to work in the country of the fellowship to which you are applying.
- Candidates who hold, or are in the final stages of obtaining a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree and are seeking beginning postdoctoral training in basic biomedical research.
- Candidates who have no more than one year of postdoctoral research experience at the time of the deadline for submitting the application, and who have received a PhD (or D.Phil. or equivalent) degree no more than two years before the deadline, or an M.D. degree no more than three years before the deadline.
- Fellowships may be awarded to foreign citizens for research in laboratories in the US only. and it’s expect that most applicants will reside in North America at the time of application.
- The Foundation will not ordinarily consider applicants who plan tenure of the fellowship in the laboratory in which they have already received extensive predoctoral or postdoctoral training. The aim of the fellowship is to broaden postdoctoral training and experience, and a significant change of venue is advisable.
- Foreign Students will need to obtain appropriate visa documentation, as required by US Immigration.
- Clinical house-staff training does not count as “postdoctoral laboratory training.”.
- Applications from established scientists or advanced fellows will not be considered. The fellowships are for early postdoctoral training only.
- A two-day Annual Meeting of Fellows is held in November of each year, at which each third-year Fellow presents the results of his or her research. This meeting is an important component of the Fellowship Program because of the opportunity it provides the Fellows for scientific interchange and exposure to biomedical fields other than their own. Attendance at the meeting in its entirety is expected as a condition of acceptance of the fellowship.
How to Apply for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research 2020:
- Read the instructions carefully before attempting to complete the online application submission from here.
- Download the Reference_Letter Template and forward to your four referees, All four completed reference letters should be emailed to (firstname.lastname@example.org), convert the letter to pdf format and name the pdf file according to the instructions on the Reference Letter Template.
- Download form Application Items 1-6. Upon its completion, upload it along with the other requested items.
IMPORTANT: The uploading of the zipped file should be done immediately following the submission of the 2-page application cover (it should NOT be uploaded at a later time or date).
- Complete the application form here.
To know more about Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research 2020, please visit official website: