|Deadline: February 1, 2020||Institution(s): Hagley Library Dissertation|
|Level of Study: PhD||Study in: USA|
Hagley Library Dissertation Fellowship
Hagley Library Dissertation Fellowship is open for international students to undertake Ph.D degree program in USA. The Jefferson Scholars / Hagley Fellowship promotes the achievement of outstanding dissertations for which the study papers from the Hagley Library are an important input and relate to the National Fellowship Program task.
The Business and Politics Fellow is paired, like other National Fellows, with a senior scholar in the field of the fellow who will serve as a mentor and provide critical guidance throughout the year. The Fellow also engages in meetings in the autumn and spring and gets instruction on how to achieve wider viewers.
For the fall and spring academic year, the Business and Politics Fellow is expected to be resident at Hagley.
One academic year.
Hagley Library Dissertation Fellowship provides the recipients with below benefits:
- The Fellow receives a stipend of $25,000 for the year.
- An office, stack access, inter-library loan privileges, internet access, the opportunity to present a paper in Hagley’s seminar series, and use of Hagley’s discounted scholar’s accommodations.
To be eligible for Hagley Library Dissertation Fellowship in the USA, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
- An applicant must be a Ph.D. candidate who is expecting to complete his or her dissertation by the conclusion of the Fellowship year. This is not a post-doctoral fellowship. Non-U.S. citizens are eligible to apply.
- Each Fellow is required to participate in two conferences, one in the fall and one in the spring. The conferences provide a forum for presenting research and findings to the scholarly community at the Jefferson Scholars Foundation and the University of Virginia. The spring conference, in particular, provides an opportunity to receive feedback from mentors who are also in attendance. Expenses for both conferences are paid for by the Jefferson Scholars Foundation.
- Residence at the Jefferson Scholars Foundation is encouraged but not required for all Fellows, with the exception of the Jefferson Scholars/Hagley Library Dissertation Fellowship (which requires residence at the Hagley Libraryduring the academic year). With the exception of the Jefferson Scholars/Hagley Library Fellow, Fellows who choose to be in residence will receive an additional stipend of $1,500 in lieu of costs associated with Fellows’ travel and lodging for the spring and fall conferences.
- All Fellows, regardless of residency, are expected to participate in and contribute to the interdisciplinary community of the Jefferson Scholars Foundation.
How to Apply for Hagley Library Dissertation Fellowship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail this scholarship:
The application consists of the following materials and must conform to the stated word or page limits:
- Applicant information sheet
- Project description (1,200 words) – describe your dissertation or book, state the thesis, explain how it contributes to or revises existing scholarship, and how or why you decided on this particular topic
- Op-ed or blog post (750 words) – a published or sample op-ed (like those featured in the New York Times) or a published or sample blog post (like those appearing on Slate.com) that applies a major finding from your research to a current public policy problem
- Bibliography (3 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages)
- Writing sample (40 pages maximum) – selected sample should consist of one chapter from your dissertation with a one-page introduction that situates the chapter in the broader project OR an accepted/published journal article
- TWO letters of recommendation (one of which must be from your advisor). Letters of recommendation should be e-mailed to the Fellowship Review Board at email@example.com.
To know more about Hagley Library Dissertation Fellowship in the USA, please visit official website: