|Deadline: May 15, annually||Institution(s): CSLA Host University Guide.|
|Level of Study: Masters||Study in: Germany, France, Hong Kong, Latvia, Hungary, Netherlands, UK, Ireland, Poland, and United States|
(Note: Closed till spring 2021)
Note: The Civil Society Leadership Awards will not be offered for the academic year 2021–2022,
The Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) are open to international students from some specific countries (check eligible countries below) to pursue masters studies at educational institutes of Germany, France, Hong Kong, Latvia, Hungary, Netherlands, UK, Ireland, Poland, and United States. Since the 1980s, the Open Society Foundations have funded more than 20,000 scholarships for young people to study in both the United States and Europe, including at Central European University. These awards are fully funded and provided to students who clearly exhibit academic and professional brilliance and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities.
- Culture, History & Society
- Communications, Journalism & Media
- Development Studies
- Education Management & Leadership
- Environment & Natural Resource Management
- Gender Studies
- Law (including Human Rights law)
- Human Rights
- Politics & International Studies
- Public Policy & Administration
- Public Health Policy & Health Management
- Social Work & Social Policy
Following are some of the programs that can be funded by this scholarship:
- Violence, Conflict and Development (MSc) at SOAS University of London
- Conflict Prevention and Peacebuilding (MSc) at Durham University
- Globalisation and Development Studies (MA) at Maastricht University
- Sustainable International Development (MA) at Brandeis University
- International Development Policy (MA/PgCert) at Duke University
- Global Citizenship, Identities and Human Rights (MA/PGDip) at University of Nottingham
Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses
- Pre-academic preparation via summer schools
- Tuition and mandatory university fees
- Accident and sickness insurance during the program
- Program-related travel
- Funds for educational materials and professional development
- Accommodations during the application process and the duration of the grant for applicants with disabilities.
- Attendance at a regional Scholarship Programs conference
To qualify for Civil Society Leadership Awards Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
Required Language: English
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Laos, Libya, Myanmar/Burma, Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Have an earned bachelor’s degree as of May 15, 2019 with an excellent academic record;
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and civil society leadership potential
- Demonstrate professional experience related to your chosen field of study;
- Be able to participate in an intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2020 and start their degree program in August or September 2020;
- Demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction (English, German or French) at a level required for admission by host universities;
- Be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the host country; and
demonstrate a clear commitment to their home country or region to strengthen open society development.
How to Apply for Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA)?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA):
- Submit a Scholarship Application directly to the Open Society Foundations before deadline.
- Submit an online postgraduate application for an eligible program at the university of your choice. You can check the CSLA Host Universities here. Please note that your scholarship application will not be considered unless you have also submitted an academic application to selected university.
To know more about Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) 2020, please visit official website: