Start your study adventure with the most prestigious and sought after CSC Scholarship 2022-2023. In this article we will explain in detail about what is CSC scholarship, its benefits and step by step application procedure.
CSC Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, masters and PhD studies at more than 280 Chinese Universities. Chinese Government Scholarship 2022 covers accommodation, basic heath insurance and monthly allowance up to 3500 Yuan.
This scholarship intend to promote education, culture, trade, exchanges in education and politics, cooperation and mutual understanding between other countries and China. International students from all world countries are eligible to apply.
Chinese Government Scholarship require online application submission at CSC portal. After that the candidate should apply to the selected university and send the required documents to the university along with CSC scholarship application form.
Also Apply for: Fulbright Scholarship USA (Fully Funded)
Eligibility Requirements of CSC Scholarship 2022
Following are the minimum eligibility requirements for Chinese Government Scholarship:
- International Student (Not being a Chinese citizen)
- Not be in possession of another scholarship issued by the Chinese government or any of its delegations.
- Minimum Age Requirement:
- Undergraduate students must not be more than 25 years old,
- For master’s degree age limit is 35 years
- For Ph.D. degree, age limit is 40 years
- Minimum qualification:
- Higher Secondary School Certificate or equivalent for undergraduate students,
- Bachelor Degree for the masters degree
- Masters degree for the doctoral degree.
CSC Scholarship 2022 Benefits
Chinese Government Scholarship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Type A CSC Scholarship covers registration fees, accommodation (in a university residence in a shared room with another person), basic medical insurance and a monthly allowance for personal expenses (between 2,500 and 3,500 Yuan per month, approximately 350 and 500 USD respectively).
- Type B CSC Scholarship covers the same as the Type A scholarship, except for the monthly allowance for personal expenses.
- Type C CSC Scholarship is another type of partial scholarship with little benefits.
Type A CSC scholarship is more attractive, therefore it is more competitive due to the high demand. If you can afford living expense, you should apply for Type B or Type C CSC scholarship because it will be easier to obtain.
Also apply for: DAAD Scholarship Germany (Fully Funded)
How to Apply for CSC Scholarship 2022?
Following simple and easy application procedure will help you to apply for Chinese Government Scholarship:
- Application Period: The application period for CSC Scholarship is generally from January to April of each year. Some authorized agencies or universities have different deadlines. You should check the deadline of universities of your choice.
- The application for CSC Scholarship must first be completed online (in English or Chinese). You can apply for three universities with this CSC portal account.
- At the beginning of the online application form, you will be asked to choose the type of scholarship according to its funding (A, B or C) and the number of authorized agency or university (a code that you will find on the internet or that will be provided by the university, you have selected).
- Once you have completed all the information in the online application for Chinese Government Scholarship, you must attach the required documents in PDF format (list is given below).
- After submission of your online Chinese Government Scholarship application, download this application.
- Select the Chinese University and Course here.
- Check if the Chinese University of your choice requires an online application for admission along with Chinese Government Scholarship application or not.
- If that university requires an online application then submit this application on that university’s website and attach your Chinese Government Scholarship application.
- Make 2 sets of documents (list given below) and dispatch it to the University address.
- The results will be made public on the same page of the application as of mid-July. From that moment, the entities begin to distribute by post the necessary documentation to process the study visa in the country of origin of the candidates.
Also apply for: Chevening Scholarship UK (Fully Funded)
Required Documents for CSC Scholarship 2022
Completed application form: You will find it after registering on the official page of the Chinese government scholarships.
(1) Notary attested highest degree and transcript.
(2) Official medical form or Foreigner Physical Examination Form. You must attach a copy of this form filled out by a doctor. Make sure the form is signed by the doctor and that it has an official seal of the hospital or medical center where you do it. At least one stamp must be stamped on top of the previously attached card photograph. Forms older than 6 months from the date of application are not accepted.
(3) CV written in English or Chinese: You can attach a document that contains information about your specialty and your academic interests, or fill it out directly in the corresponding section of the application form (the space is quite short, I recommend that you attach this information in an attached document).
(4) Two letters of recommendation written in English or in Chinese from your last university professors.
(5) TOEFL or IELTS Diploma if you are going to study in English and you are not native of an English-speaking country: The minimum scores of both diplomas are specified by each university for each type of course. If you don’t have IELTS certificate, you can also provide a simple certificate stating that your last degree was taught in English language. It is called English proficiency certificate.
(6) Study Plan / Research Proposal.
(7) Passport Copy.
(8) Although it is NOT an essential requirement to apply for this scholarship, if you have an HSK diploma (level of Chinese) you must attach it. The Chinese government plans to finance up to two years of Chinese-language university studies so that you reach the level of Chinese required by the program you have chosen. However, if you already have a degree, your training will be a lower economic expense, so increases your chances of obtaining the scholarship. This logic does not apply to courses which are taught in English, since enrollment rates in these courses are twice as large as those taught in Chinese.
(9) Another important but not essential requirement is acceptance letter issued by professors of a Chinese university where you want to take admission. Some universities prefer applicants having acceptance letter and some universities have no requirement of acceptance letter but if you have acceptance letter it is good symbol for you. If you are applying for university having limited quota of seats then also try for acceptance letter, you will be preferred. If you are applying for high ranked university/universities then you must try for acceptance letter, you will be preferred. Start Emailing in October to Professors for Acceptance Letter. Search professors profile related to your field of your desired university and send them emails and please don’t copy email from others make it your own.
- Tips: How to find faculty of your desired university? Just go to google.com and write the University name for example Zhejiang University Faculty of Biochemistry or Life Sciences. You will see the faculty list. Email to the Professor, if he or she is not replying, don’t start shelling emails because they might be busy or they don’t need any new student.
(10) Another important but not essential requirement is pre-admission letter from the destination university. This letter is issued by the university that you are wanted as a student. However, it is not easy to achieve, unless you have studied at that university and they know you by your merits. The advantage of having it is that it increases the chances of being awarded the scholarship for that university. If you do not have one, you may be sent to another university of your priority (during the application process, you have the possibility to select three universities in order of preference) or, in the worst case, to any one they choose.
(11) Other documents: If you have research publications or any other distinction, you must attach them.
(12) If any particular Chinese University requires an application screening or an application process fee then submit it. Print its receipt and attach it to the two sets of your documents listed above
Note: It is advised to choose a reliable courier service to send your CSC scholarship application documents directly to the address of that Chinese University so that they reach in time.
Why Study in China? | 4 Awesome Reasons
(1) World class education
Hosted 377,054 international students in 2020, China is becoming an increasingly accessible destination for students from foreign countries through programs taught in English and the partnership with almost 70 countries to ensure mutual recognition of academic degrees .
In order to be in a better position to compete in the global economy, countries notice the importance of allowing foreigners to study in their universities, and China is making great efforts to promote opportunities. They have established strong connections with universities in the United States , such as Stanford University and New York University. The association has also drawn national attention and was the subject of a speech delivered by First Lady Michelle Obama in 2014.
In addition, the Government’s participation in Chinese institutions is aimed at creating a high level of education throughout the country. No matter where you decide to study in China, you can be sure that your education will be first class.
China has overtaken Japan recently as the world’s second largest economy, which means that there are more and more job opportunities available for international students! If you want to work in a Chinese company, you have to master the language and have a basic knowledge of their culture.
The ability to work in a Chinese company will give you the opportunity to succeed in almost any major economy. As an international student, you will learn the language, get to know the culture and have an idea of the labor market, which will generate advantages to compete for jobs. Take a look at these universities offering programs taught in English.
(3) Cost of Living
Compared to the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan, the daily cost of living in China is significantly cheaper. You can buy a large meal for around £ 2 to £ 3, and a round trip on public transport often costs less than 50 cents. The study visa costs £ 75, but this is much cheaper than the visa needed to enter the UK.
The rent, which can be the most expensive of life abroad, is also very cheap. The average cost of a dormitory in Beijing – the capital – is £ 112 per month.
(4) Unparalleled Experience
With a history of more than 4,000 years, the Chinese have been innovators in almost all subjects, including business, astronomy, martial arts, philosophy and mathematics, while contributing greatly to studies of art, literature, religion, among others. . Although it may be difficult to adapt to Chinese culture at first, the reward of experiencing such a rich and developed culture is an experience like no other.
China is also one of the largest countries in the world. The geography varies from the mountains of the Himalayas, in the southwest, to the desert of Gobi, in the north, in the coastal east you can get mountains or beaches, depending on where you are. Exploring this great country is also possible, even at high speed (and affordable!), Due to the trains that connect the main cities. It does not matter in which part of China you decide to study, you have the guarantee that this will change your life and the experience will be unforgettable!
Are you interested studying in USA? visit below links