|Deadline: Ongoing||Institution(s): CERN|
|Level of Study: Internship||Location: Geneva, Switzerland|
CERN Short term Internship reserved for students with disabilities
Applications for CERN Short term Internship reserved for students with disabilities in Switzerland are open. The duration of the internship is minimum 1 month and maximum 6 months. CERN Short Term Internship 2020 will provide a monthly allowance of 1,516 Swiss Francs.
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter – fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact and provide insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
One of CERN’s key missions is education. Their professionals very much enjoy sharing their knowledge and expertise with students who are committed and passionate about their chosen field.
Are you a student in a technical or scientific field, looking for an internship to apply your knowledge and get practical experience? Join them in the collaborative, knowledge-sharing and international environment of CERN, for a period of up to 6 months.
Whilst CERN Jobs are open to all eligible candidates, as part of CERN’s commitment to advance inclusiveness and accessibility in the workplace this particular opportunity is reserved for students with disabilities.
Internship Focused Areas:
- Fundamental structure of the universe
- The duration of the internship is minimum 1 month and maximum 6 months.
CERN Short term Internship reserved for students with disabilities will provide a monthly allowance of 1516 Swiss Francs.
You will need to have full insurance cover valid in the Geneva area for medical expenses, work, and private accidents as well as any disability arising from professional and non-professional illness and accidents.
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for CERN Short term Internship reserved for students with disabilities:
- Required Languages: Good knowledge of English and/or French.
- Eligible Countries: You are residing in France or Switzerland 
- You are a full-time student at undergraduate (post-secondary) or graduate level (doctoral students are not eligible).
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You have full insurance cover valid in the Geneva area for medical expenses, work and private accidents.
- Your main field of study is in applied physics, computing, mathematics, electricity, electronics, mechanical, electrical or civil engineering
- Your work at CERN is an obligatory or recommended part of your studies.
- You will be returning to your educational establishment after completion of your stay at CERN.
: Currently limited to France and Switzerland during the pilot phase of the project.
How to Apply for CERN Short term Internship reserved for students with disabilities?
Please follow the following application instructions to win CERN Short term Internship reserved for students with disabilities:
- Make sure you have your CV to hand as you start your application. Once submitted you will not be able to upload additional documents or edit your application.
- You can apply for a place at any time throughout the year and can indicate your availabilities. Upon receipt, and typically within 2-3 working days, we will get back to you to acknowledge receipt and clarify any urgent questions you may have around the programme.Please note that if a traineeship agreement is required by your institute, as an international organisation CERN will not sign external documents. You will therefore be required to use the CERN traineeship agreement provided on https://cds.cern.ch/record/1994294/files/convention_stage_6mois_en.pdf.
Please note that we have a limited number of places for this programme. You are encouraged to contact CERN’s Internship team on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions regarding the internship, including for matters of workplace accessibility or special needs
To know more about CERN Short term Internship reserved for students with disabilities, please visit official website: