Pursue your research in Canada. Good news! Applications for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program 2022 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships will provide the recipient the value is $70,000 per year for two years.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
Seventy new two-year fellowships will be awarded annually, distributed equally across Canada’s three federal granting agencies: The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The purpose of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships is to build world-class research capacity by recruiting top-tier Canadian and international postdoctoral researchers at an internationally competitive level of funding. The objective is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally, to develop their leadership potential and to position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow, positively contributing to Canada’s economic, social and research-based growth through a research-intensive career.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Host Institutes (Canadian and foreign universities, affiliated research hospitals, colleges, and not-for-profit organizations with a strong research mandate and capacity.)
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
- No of Scholarships: 70 fellowships are awarded annually
- Program Period: Two years
- Deadline: September 22, 2021
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The applicant will get funds up to $70,000 per year for two years.
- 70 fellowships are awarded annually
Also Check How to apply for Chinese STUDENT VISA
Eligibility Criteria for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program
To be eligible for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants to the 2021-22 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree:
- between September 15, 2018 and September 30, 2022 (inclusively), and
- before the start date of their award.
- Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2022.
- For applicants who have completed more than one PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent of these degrees.
- Please read more on eligibility requirements here
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for step by step Application process
How to Apply for The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program?
Please follow the following instructions to avail this fellowship:
- Before you apply you Contact your desired institution is eligible to host a Banting Fellow through Here . and if you are hoping to be hosted at a Canadian institution, please see the Universities Canada website through Here for a list of Canadian academic institutions and their research areas.
- Contact the desired host institution/supervisor
- Applications must be completed in full collaboration with the potential host institution.
- Applicants must be endorsed by the institution’s president (equivalent or designate).
- Applicants are responsible for supplying their proposed institution and referees with the documents necessary for them to write their respective letters.
- From the outset of the application process, applicants and their host institution should discuss:
- The details of the fellowship -appointment
- Any benefits offered to the Banting postdoctoral researcher
- Any financial obligations associated with the appointment (union dues, insurance premiums, etc.)
- The availability of any research and/or other support
- The rights and responsibilities of postdoctoral researchers
- Any other institution-specific policies that might apply to a Banting postdoctoral researcher
- Register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) and ResearchNet accounts
- Make sure you have the following or click the links to register:ResearchNet account – a web-based application tool and funding opportunity/decision database that is used by the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program here
- CIHR PIN – unique personal identifier required to apply for this program through here
- CCV account – a web-based tool that allows you to manage your CV data in a single repository and generate CVs as needed for all member organizations here
- Start a ResearchNet application from here
- The applicant will have to fill the following:
- Identify an area of research
- identify participants
- Fulfillment of degree requirements forms
- Identify referees
- Enter degree information.
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents
- Research proposal
- Institutional letter of endorsement
- Supervisor’s statement
- The applicant will have to fill the following:
For more information Here.
To know more about The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program, please visit official website: