Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award invites applications from international students who want to undertake masters or doctoral research studies at Australian Museum for academic year 2021-2022. The maximum amount of the fellowship is $2,500 for local applicants and $4,000 for international applicants. The funding assists with living costs, travel, and research expenses.
The Australian Museum Research Institute (AMRI) focuses on some of today’s major environmental challenges: climate change impacts on biodiversity, the detection and biology of pest species, and understanding what constitutes and influences effective biodiversity conservation. Our research is underpinned by outstanding scientific infrastructure including extensive natural history collections, wildlife genomics, and microscopy laboratories, informatics, and a coral reef research station at the northern end of the Great Barrier Reef.
The award is open to all students enrolled in any postgraduate qualification in a field relevant to the Australian Museum’s 2017-2021 Science Strategy. Applications should address AMRI research priorities.
Students are encouraged to apply to orientate their applications towards any of the Museum’s collections and research programs including cultural and anthropological as well as natural science collections.
Qingdao University Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Australian Museum
- Study in: Australia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Biology, Taxonomy, Collections research, Wildlife genomics, Biodiversity conservation, Archaeology, Anthropology
- Program Period: 6 weeks for doctoral candidates and less for lower degrees.
- Deadline: Applications are currently closed
Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The maximum amount of the fellowship is $2,500 for local applicants and $4,000 for international applicants
- The funding assists with living costs, travel, and research expenses.
- The award amount does not cover administration overheads that may be applied by your institution.
Eligibility Criteria for Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award
To qualify for Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- AMRI/AMF Visiting Fellowships/Awards are available to both Australian and International students and researchers.
- Researchers may be based at a university or a private or government institution, and students must be enrolled in a relevant discipline at a university.
- The Postgraduate award is available to any student who is completing an honours, masters or PhD in a field that is aligned to AMRI’s research priorities, most likely being in the fields of evolutionary biology, taxonomy, collections research, wildlife genomics, biodiversity conservation, archaeology or anthropology.
How to Apply for Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award:
- Applications must be completed by the student or researcher here.
- Applicants must also ensure that their university/institution is aware of their intention to apply for the fellowship as there may be extra requirements that apply for your university/institution.
- Applicants must read and understand the terms and conditions of this award before applying.
- Once an applicant has completed their application, they must send the application form and all accompanying documents to the AMRI Coordinator, Meagan Warwick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The accompanying documents are:
- Statement of support for your application from your institution.
- Statement of support from an Australian Museum Research Institute (AMRI) staff member.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Acknowledgement of employment.
- Academic record.
- The preferred format for accompanying documentation is PDF.
- All applicants will receive a notification of the outcome of their application one month after the closing date, regardless of whether it has been successful or not.
To know more about Australian Museum AMF/AMRI Postgraduate Award, please visit official website: