|Deadline: Varies, April-Oct (annual)||Institution(s): Participating Universities|
|Level of Study: Masters/PhD Degree||Study in: Australia|
Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship 2020
Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship is open to international students from all over the world to pursue postgraduate studies at participating universities of Australia. The Research Training Program (RTP) is managed by participating universities on behalf of the Department of Education and Training. On 31 December 2016, the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) ceased and was replaced by the Research Training Program (RTP) from 1 January 2017.
The RTP provides block grants, on a calendar year basis, to higher education providers (HEPs) to support both domestic and overseas students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees, known as higher degrees by research (HDRs). Applications for RTP Scholarships need to be made directly to participating universities. Each university has its own application and selection process, please contact your chosen university directly to discuss how to apply for the RTP scheme.
The aims of the RTP program are to provide flexible funding to support the training of domestic students and overseas students undertaking postgraduate research degree at Australian universities and also to deliver graduates with the skills required to build careers in academia and other sectors of the labour market.
The program support collaboration between universities and industry and other research end-users. Information on commencing a postgraduate research degree and university courses can be found on the Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching website. General information about the support arrangements for students may be obtained from the Study Assist website. Frequently asked questions for students are also available to answer student queries.
Masters by research degree or Doctorate Degree offered by participating Universities in Australia.
RTP scholarships are available for a maximum period of two years for a research masters or a minimum of three years, up to a maximum of four years (at the discretion of the HEP) for a research doctorate degree.
Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship 2020 provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- An RTP Stipend to assist students with their living costs while undertaking a higher degree by research.
- An RTP Fees Offset pays for the tuition fees of a higher degree by research (HDR) student that would otherwise have been paid by the student. This requires that a university to fully offset tuition fee applicable for a student. This is not a stipend.
- RTP Allowances to assist students with ancillary costs of a higher degree by research (HDR). This includes relocation costs to undertake a HDR, HDR thesis printing and academic publication costs and health cover costs for recipients and their dependents.
To be eligible to receive Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship, applicants must:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Be enrolled in an accredited higher degree by research course.
- The basic eligibility criteria for an RTP are listed in Section 1.5 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research).
How to Apply for Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship 2020?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship:
- Applications for RTP Scholarships need to be made directly to participating universities.
- Each university has its own application and selection process, please contact your chosen university directly to discuss how to apply for the RTP scheme.
- The deadline varies per university but is around April-October each year.
- It is important to read the Frequently Asked Questions and visit the website of the University where you intend to apply and the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
To know more about Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship, please visit official scholarship website: