If you want to pursue your postdoctoral research then this is a great opportunity for you. Applications for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships 2021-2022 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. The fellowship period is 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension. The Fellowships comprise a very competitive package including stipend, health insurance and additional benefits.
The most successful fellows will also be eligible, upon completion, to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to support their own research programmes as young PIs upon return to an ICGEB Member State.
ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Fellowship Programmes, named in memory of Prof. Arturo Falaschi, the mind and driving force of the Centre at its inception, include five types of long and short-term PhD and Postdoctoral awards available to scientists who are nationals of ICGEB Member States to perform research in Trieste, New Delhi or Cape Town.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): ICGEB
- Study in: Trieste, Italy / New Delhi, India / Cape Town, South Africa
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Life Sciences
- Program Period: 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension
- Deadline: March 31, 2021, September 30, 2021
Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
- Travel: The fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- All Research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
- ICGEB Trieste: A Housing Service is run through the Welcome Office – Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- ICGEB New Delhi: A Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.
- ICGEB Cape Town: Accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed prior to arrival.
Eligibility Criteria for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships
To qualify for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences.
- The applicant must have at least 3 years research experience.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
How to Apply for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships:
(1) Create an account and start filling the application from here.
(2) You need to provide these documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Proposed research.
- PhD degree certificate
- Personal statement.
- Three (3) referees who can provide a letter of reference on your behalf. At least one of these should be a member of the University or College you attended most recently.
To know more about Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships, please visit official website: