If you are looking to start your study adventure in United Arab Emirates (UAE) then American University of Sharjah Scholarship is a great opportunity for you. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
American University of Sharjah Scholarship 2024-2025 is open for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, masters and PhD studies and provides full free tuition support, monthly living allowance and access to state-of-the-art facilities.
American University of Sharjah ensures that financial means do not become a hindrance for qualified students to get the best education they deserve. Students, regardless of race, gender, religion or national origin, are encouraged to apply for financial grants and assistance. The university offer a wide range of grants and scholarships for undergraduate students, as well as graduate assistantships and work-study opportunities for graduate students.
American University of Sharjah (AUS) was founded in 1997 by His Highness Sheikh Dr. Sultan bin Mohammed Al Qasimi, Member of the Supreme Council of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Sharjah. AUS offers 28 majors and 45 minors at the undergraduate level, 16 master’s degrees programs and four PhD programs.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD
- Institution(s): American University of Sharjah
- Study in: United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Courses Offered: All degree programs
Deadline for American University of Sharjah Scholarship
- Click here to check undergraduate application deadlines.
- Click here to check masters application deadlines.
- Click here to check PhD application deadlines.
- Chancellor’s Scholars Award: This scholarship covers 75 to 100 percent of the tuition, lab and housing fees.
- Merit Scholarship: This scholarship covers 10 to 30 percent of tuition and lab fees.
- Sharakah School Scholarship: This scholarship covers 45 percent remission on tuition, lab/technology fees and on-campus housing (sharing for women and men; single and double for men only).
- Graduate Assistantships (GAs) are provided through the program coordinator’s office and cover tuition waivers of up to 9 credit hours per semester and/or a stipend of up to AED 20,000 per semester.
- Full tuition fee waivers for PhD degree requirements
- A monthly stipend
- Mentoring by highly qualified faculty
- Participation in ongoing research projects
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities
- Opportunity to participate in international conferences
- Opportunity to acquire teaching experience in preparation for future academic careers
Eligibility Criteria for American University of Sharjah Scholarship
To qualify for this scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
Undergraduate Eligibility Requirements
Chancellor’s Scholars Award:
- Submit an essay detailing extracurricular activities, talents, social activities, and anticipated contribution to AUS
- Outstanding personal qualities and leadership abilities in school and the community
- Scientific or literary contributions to the community
- Special school or community honors or awards
- Community service and school extracurricular activities
- A minimum average of 95 percent or equivalent in the last three years of secondary education
- Have limited financial resources
- Academically qualified applicants with a high school average equivalent to 90 percent or above in either (1) at least two of the last three years or (2) final year of secondary education.
Sharakah School Scholarship:
- Demonstrated outstanding personal qualities and leadership abilities in school and the community
- Have made scientific or literary contributions to his/her local community
- Received special honors or awards for community service and school extracurricular activities
- Achieved a minimum high school average equivalent to 90 percent and above in either (1) at least two of the last three years or (2) final year of secondary education
Masters Eligibility Requirements
- Have been admitted in good standing by meeting or exceeding all university and program-level requirements for full admission. Note that students on conditional or probationary status are not eligible for a GA.
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25. Some graduate programs establish additional and/or higher standards.
- For a full-time GA, register for and complete nine credit hours of graduate courses or be registered for thesis credit. For part-time GA, register for and complete six credit hours of graduate courses or be registered for thesis credit.
PhD Eligibility Requirements
- Have been admitted in good standing by meeting or exceeding all university and program-level requirements for full admission
- Register for and complete a minimum of six credit hours during each semester of study
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 during your studies at the PhD program at AUS
How to Apply for American University of Sharjah Scholarship?
Undergraduate Scholarships Application Process
- Chancellor’s Scholars Award: Deadlines for newly admitted students to apply for this scholarship: Fall Semester 2023: June 15, 2023.
- Merit Scholarship: Merit Scholarships are automatically offered at the time of processing the admission application. A separate application is not required.
- Sharakah School Scholarship: Deadline for schools to select/nominate the applicant and send the nomination to AUS: end of the first week of July every academic year.
Masters Scholarships Application Process
- If you are a new student, please consult the Graduate Academic Calendar for the application deadline.
- You need to provide a completed Application for Graduate Admission with the box requesting consideration for assistantship marked and relevant transcripts to the Office of Enrollment Management by the application deadline specified, in addition to two reference letters.
- If you are a continuing student please click here for the application form and more information.
- Final decisions concerning GA appointments are made by the Provost through the Office of Graduate Studies.
PhD Scholarships Application Process
- Applicants must complete the PhD Assistantship Application Form and upload it with their application to the PhD program.
- Final decisions concerning GA appointments are made by the Provost through the Office of Graduate Studies and with input from the PhD program coordinator.
To know more about American University of Sharjah Scholarship, please visit official website: