Start your study adventure in Egypt. Good news! Applications for The American University in Cairo Fellowships are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this fellowship program, its benefits and step by step application process.
The American University in Cairo Fellowships 2023-2024 are open to international students for masters and PhD studies. These fellowships provide full tuition fees, medical insurance, a monthly stipend, student housing and laptop.
Tomorrow’s Leaders Graduate (TLG) fellowship program is a joint effort between the US Department of State, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA/AC) and AUC. TLG equips academically qualified and economically deserving students with the professional qualifications and experience needed to advance knowledge and contribute to the achievement of socially relevant outcomes, through organized graduate study and research that furthers the professionalization of emerging leaders and proposes local solutions to shared problems in the MENA region.
There is no graduate admission in the winter sessions. Degree-seeking graduate admission applies only to the Fall and Spring semesters. Graduate non-degree applicants for the summer sessions should follow the application procedures for non-degree admission and must submit their application forms by the admission deadlines set for the following semester.
- Level of Study: Masters / PhD
- Institution(s): The American University in Cairo
- Study in: Cairo, Egypt
- Courses Offered: Click here to view the available fellowships
- Deadline: April 15, 2022 (Fall 2022) / October 15, 2022 (Spring 2023)
The American University in Cairo Fellowships provide the recipients with below benefits:
- Full tuition fees for the fall and spring semesters.
- Medical insurance.
- A monthly stipend.
- Student housing.
- Internship/practicum opportunity including local transportation costs if needed.
- Opportunity to attend one conference to present research findings, applied to and awarded competitively, as per the guidelines for Graduate Student Support Grants.
- Two annual round-trip economy air ticket from home to campus; or housing and living stipend to continue approved program activities on campus during breaks for students unable to return home because of circumstances outside of their control.
Eligibility Criteria for The American University in Cairo Fellowships
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for Tomorrows Leaders Graduate Fellowship Program:
- Required Languages: English.
- Eligible Countries: All World countries
- Meet AUC graduate admission requirements.
- Strong academic potential with a bachelor’s degree of a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Possess maturity, flexibility and leadership potential, demonstrated in a combination of extracurricular activities, recommendations, and interviews.
- Financial need.
- The fellowship is awarded for a duration of two years, in addition to any academic English language remedial courses which might be needed, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
How to Apply for The American University in Cairo Fellowships?
Please follow the following application instructions to win The American University in Cairo Fellowships:
- Check how to apply and submit the online application.
- Follow the instructions here to complete and submit the online fellowship application.
To know more about The American University in Cairo Fellowships, please visit official website: