|Deadline: March 31, 2020||Institution(s): European Forum Alpbach|
|Level of Study: Summer School||Study in: Austria|
European Forum Alpbach Summer School 2020
European Forum Alpbach Summer School invitations are open for international students who want to spend their summer in Austria. The Alpbach European Forum is an interdisciplinary platform for science, politics, enterprise and culture. The annual European Alpbach Forum, founded in 1945, as well as its activities throughout the year, discuss the related socio-political questions of our time.
Alpbach brings an informed audience and engaged young people into contact with foreign decision-makers from all sectors of society. The goal is to establish a cultural, political and other lines of dialog that separate us. You can go on a morning sunrise walk with Nobel laureates anywhere else, and share your thoughts with fellow scholarship holders from nearly 100 nations.
For 75 years the Seminar Week has been the centrepiece of the Alpbach Forum. It offers an open space for interdisciplinary inquiry and personal growth. The interplay between scientific seminars in the morning and artistic and experience-based seminars in the afternoon makes the Alpbach educational program unique. The Alpbach Learning Missions (ALM), in which participants tackle globally relevant questions and actively work on finding solutions, complement the program. Subject-specific knowledge is not necessary for participation in the seminars.
SEMINAR WEEK 19. – 26. August 2020
EFA Opening 22. August 2020
TYR – Tyrol Days 22. – 23. August 2020
MED – Health Symposium 23. – 25. August 2020
MEET – Artists in Discourse 26. August 2020
EDU – Higher Education Forum 26. August 2020
TEC – Technology Symposium 27. – 29. August 2020
POL – Political Symposium 29. August – 01. September 2020
LAW – Legal Symposium 30. August – 01. September 2020
ECN – Economic Symposium 01. – 03. September 2020
FIN – Financial Market Symposium 03. – 04. September 2020
A minimum of 12 day attendance is required. This must include Seminar Week.
The course starts from August 19th, 2020.
European Forum Alpbach Summer School provides the recipient with following benefits:
This depends on the type of scholarship you were granted:
- A basic scholarship covers the participation fee for the whole duration of the event only.
- A Partial scholarship covers the participation fee and accommodation costs
- A full scholarship includes the EFAF covers participation fees, accommodation & board
For more information on scholarship types please visit Scholarship Types.
To qualify for European Forum Alpbach Summer School, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Language Required: English. Minimum English level B2
Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Age Limit: Between 18 to 30 years. for Africans upper limit is 35 years.
- You can apply, if you always wanted to be a part of one of the top-level panels in Alpbach and have a strong opinion and expertise in the area of law, economics, medicine, finance or politics.
- Austrian nationals should apply directly through one of the Clubs of the Forum Alpbach Network; Chinese and
Taiwanese nationals should apply through one of our partner organisations in the respective countries.
- Certificates and Transcripts:Please upload the following documents with your application:
- copies of your highest school or university certificate, diploma or degree
- a transcript covering all credits obtained during the last (academic) year. Alternatively: a confirmation of your last obtained school or work experience (e.g. proof of enrollment, employment contract or employment verification letter)
If your transcripts and certificates are in a language other than German or English, you need to submit a translation. This translation does not need to be certified. Please do not send any additional certificates as we will not consider them.
How to Apply for European Forum Alpbach Summer School?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail European Forum Alpbach Summer School:
- Fill out the application form from here.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Late submission of missing documents will not be considered.
- Only applications via the online application form are accepted. Applications via email will not be considered.
To know more about European Forum Alpbach Summer School, please visit official websites: